Wednesday, October 27, 2010

De Secret Ingredient Part duex (2)

Me, I'm gonna dedicate dis blog to ma daughter, Nichole, she's an RN in a small little town jess wes' of here called Texas. An she live in de north part of that little town called Texas, an it'z gonna get cold der real soon, shay. She'z been after me for some time for dis recipe an I finaly got ma-self round to writing it. Enjoy Nick Nack,
Luv, Dad

A lot of de peoples dun ax me why I cut short de las' blog on, "De Secret Ingredient". To toll you de truth, I waz writin' dat blog while I waz fishin, "duh, big red truck me shay", an I had a fish on! Although de bloggin iz fun an all, nuthin beats fishin in de beautiful SW Louisiana. An' dats for true!

So letz get back to, "De Secret Ingredient". Now I'm not gonna finish de story bout, Boudreaux, Thibidoux and Marie, as I suspected ma frien, "TC" dun toll me dat joke about thrice times an az usual, I knew de punch line. Suffice to say, it was still funny, an if you want bad nough to hear de joke, e-mail me at fishrcutbait@hotmail.com, I'll send it over to ya. De weather man dun toll us today dat we gonna get us a cold front come into de SW real soon, He sez de day-time temperature dun gonna drop down to bout 80' an at night, itz gonna get cold, about in de 70's an you know what dat means? Dats right, gumbo time me shay!

I can't tink of any better use for, "De Secret Ingredient", den a good ole chicken and sausage gumbo. Now I dun made a lot of gumbo in ma time, an I dun ate a lot of it teux! I dun looked at about twenty difrant recipes for dis dish alone, an to toll you de truth, I tink I found de bes' one. With everyone out der datz not in de SW part of de Louisiana, You're gonna like dis cause itz health conscious. De firs' ting you gots to do me shay, iz to sashay you-self on down to de JT's Seafood shop on de lake street in Lake Charles, La. to get de spice and,  "De Secret Ingredient", for de gumbo. Now if you're not able to do dat shay, Itz OK, you can visit ma web site an order it up, me, I'm gonna sashay ma-self down to de shop an get it for you and ship it ma-self! You don' got to get in de air boat and wase' de gas an time to come down de bayou no,  I can did all dat for you shay. De web site to order dat iz, decajunmarket.yolasite.com

Tuex start wit, you gonna need to get a few tings from de grocery man, you also gonna need a big ole stock pot shay! So letz get dis part out de way now. Here'z de ingredients, but, I'm gonna save, "De Secret Ingredient", for las'. Now I know what you're tinkin, an I thought it teux, but itz worth de wait. you'll preciate it more dat way.

1 Package (six Pack) of boneless skinless chicken breast.
1 pound of de low fat smoked pork sausage.
1 cup JT's ready made roux mix.
3-4 quarts of low fat chicken stock, or substitute with water
      and 4-5 chicken bouillon cubes.(Unsalted)
1/4 cup light cooking oil.
2 cups chopped onion.
1 cup chopped bell pepper.
1 cup chopped green onion.
1 cup chopped celery.
1 tbsp minced garlic.
1/2 cup chopped parsley.
Low sodium salt.
Fresh ground black pepper.
2 tbsp ground file'.
JT's Seafood french fry seasoning. (De Secret Ingredient)
1/4 cup Chardonnay Wine. On second thought, make that three cups of Chardonnay wine, but only use 1/4 of it in de gumbo. Drink de res' while you cook!

OK, now dat you got all de ingredients, including, "De Secret Ingredient", It'z time to put it all together shay. Take dat chicken breas' and brown it in about teux or tree tablespoons of de light cookin oil. Make sure you season dat chicken wit de low sodium salt, fresh ground black pepper and jes' a pinch of, "De Secret Ingredient". It'z important to note that at this point: itz a good time to take sip of that wine. Now before you move onto de nex' step, take another sip of that wine! Remove de chicken breas' and set aside to cool off, you're gonna cut that up into bite size pieces later on an throw it back in de pot, but dats a little later on. De nex' step iz to saute up de vegetables wit about a tablespoon or so of the light cooking oil. Go ahead and season dem vegetables wit a little low sodium salt, pepper an a pinch of, "De Secret Ingredient". Jes' get the vegetables to de soft point, bout 3-5 minutes should take care of dat, now take another sip of de wine.

Itz time to move on shay! Let'z dissolve dat roux mix into about teux - tree cups of de low sodium chicken broth, duex that on about medium heat add the roux mix slowly until it all gets real happy. Take another sip of dat wine! While you're takin a sip of dat wine, go ahead and cut the sausage up into bite size pieces, about 1/4 - 1/2 inch. Be real careful at dis point shay, you've already had a few sips of  wine an you probably feelin happy too! "Ain't dis fun shay?"

OK, we got everything bout ready to go, hold off on de file'  and de wine. Don' add that jess yet. Throw everyting else in de pot shay! Take another sip of wine and bring everyting up to a boil.(if you have any of the light cooking oil left, don' add that. De chicken and sausage will provide de res' of de fat content you gonna need.) Once everyting is at de boil point, turn it down to de simmer, cover de pot and jes' let
it get happy for bout teux (2) hours. Now shay, you gonna have to make up some rice to serve that gumbo wit. deux dat about 1/2 hour before you serve.

Now I don' got to give you de recipe for de rice, you should know that one. I have a recipe for really great rice but dats another blog shay. Now you bout to serve this up and you're lookin at me like I dun loss my mind! You sez we still got de 2 tbsp of file' and 1/4 cup of wine! Well don' worry, no shay. Bout 20 minutes before you serve dat gumbo, remove it from de heat, add the file' and drink de 1/4 cup of wine! What, you didn't tink I would ruin a good gumbo by putin de wine it did you?
Bon Temp Roulette me shay!
Dave
http://www.decajunmarket.yolasite.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment